Water Filtration vs. Bottled Water
You care about what you put into your body. You aim to cook healthy meals using water the cleanest and safest water. In order to put that into place within your home, you are faced with some decisions. Do you want to keep buying that pricey bottled water or go for it and add a water filtration system?
Bottled water does bring with it some caveats. Consider the following:
- Based on the average cost of a 16.9 oz bottle of water, a gallon of water runs roughly $7.50. With 1.3 billion gallons of bottled water used by in homes businesses each year, roughly $9.7 billion is spent per year on bottled water.
- Per the American Water Works Association, a gallon of water costs nearly 2,000 times the cost of tap water.
- After a test conducted by the Environmental Working Group, it is posited that the 10 most popular brands of bottled water that opted to use verbiage like “filtered”, “natural”, “spring”, “mineral” or “purified” actually had up to 38 separate contaminates within their water.
- It is estimated that as much as 45% of the world’s bottled water comes from municipal water supply systems.
Water filtration in Prior Lake is a much better option than bottled water for many reasons. Many local homes and businesses alike have opted to have water filtration systems installed by the experts at Haferman Water. With over four decades of experience, we know the value of great tasting, filtered water provided via water filtration system your home or office.
Benefits of a Water Filtration System
Today’s water industry offers the benefit of choice to those seeking better water. There are reverse osmosis systems, carbon block filtration systems, granulated activated carbon systems, ceramic filtration systems, or activated carbon systems. The effectiveness of these individual options vary in overall effectiveness, so before making a decision, talk to a water filtration specialist.
Moving beyond bottled water, or, even unfiltered tap water is a step in the right direction for those who do not want to pay too much for good water. Maybe, somehow, you still are not convinced.
- Water filtration systems provide the very best tasting water as they get rid of common contaminants like chlorine and bacteria that can lead to varying types of cancer.
- Gastrointestinal disease potential is reduced greatly by installing a water filtration system. A 33% reduction in evils like cryptosporidium and giardia is estimated.
- Water filtration systems are the last line of defense between the body and the over 2,100 known toxins that may be present in drinking unfiltered water.
- Water filtration systems are much less expensive than continuously buying bottled water. One also reduces the number of plastic bottles being thrown away or recycled in going bottle free.
- Maybe your water has an odd odor, which does not help in the bathing department. A whole-house water filtration system will eliminate that.
Water Filtration System from Haferman Water
Don’t keep spending money on bottled water. Talk to a Haferman Water filtration specialist to learn what type of system will be best for your location. We are happy to visit your location and assess what can be done to give you the cleanest, healthiest water.
Are you interested in learning more about water filtration in Prior Lake? Call Haferman Water Conditioning at 952-894-4040, or you can contact us to set up a Free Water Analysis and Estimate.