Water Filtration vs. Bottled Water
You care about what goes into your body. You want to be able to cook healthy meals using water that is clean and safe. However, in order to do that, you have to decide – do you want to spend years buying bottled water, or make the plunge and opt for a water filtration system?
- Based on the average cost of a 16.9 oz bottle of water, one gallon of water costs $7.50. With 1.3 billion gallons of bottled water used by residences and businesses each year, this means we are spending over 9.7 billion dollars a year on bottled water.
- According to the American Water Works Association, the cost of a gallon of bottled water is almost 2,000 times the cost of tap water and twice the cost of a gallon of regular gas.
- In a test by the Environmental Working Group, it was found that the 10 most popular brands of bottled water who used terminology such as filtered, natural, spring, mineral or purified on their labels had 38 contaminates in their water.
- Nearly 45 percent of the world’s bottled water actually comes from municipal water supply systems.
Water filtration in Edina is a much better option for many reasons, which is why many homes and businesses have opted to have a water purification system installed by Haferman Water. With more than 40 years of experience, our team knows the value of having great tasting, filtered water available right in your home or office.
Benefits of a Water Filtration System
In today’s water industry, there is a variety of options when seeking to have cleaner, safer water. You may choose from a reverse osmosis system, a carbon block filtration system, a granulated activated carbon system, a ceramic filtration system, or an activated carbon system. Each of these varies in effectiveness, so before making a decision, be sure to talk to a water filtration specialist.
Making the move from bottled water or even unfiltered tap water is a great way to feel better about yourself. If you aren’t convinced of the benefits of bottled water, here are a few to consider:
- Water filters provide better tasting water because they remove chlorine and bacterial contaminates that can cause various types of cancer.
- Water filtration reduces the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing the cryptosporidium and giardia.
- Water filters offer the last line of defense between the body and the over 2,100 known toxins that may be present in drinking unfiltered water.
- A water filtration system is significantly cheaper than constantly purchasing bottled water, not to mention the number of plastic bottles being thrown away/recycled is minimized.
- Does your water have a strange or unpleasant smell? A water filtration system will eliminate it.
Water Filtration System from Haferman Water
Don’t keep spending money on bottled water. Talk to a Haferman Water filtration specialist to learn what type of system will be best for your location. We are happy to visit your location and assess what can be done to give you the cleanest, healthiest water.
Are you interested in learning more about water filtration in Edina? Call Haferman Water Conditioning at 952-894-4040, or you can contact us to set up a Free Water Analysis and Estimate.